QField is the leading full-featured, user-friendly, free-and-open-source mobile data collection app that integrates perfectly with QGIS.
Technical contact QField user list
The vitality index, as explicited in the guidelines for the acquisition and reuse of software for Italian PA, is calculated according to the following four main categories:
- Code activity: the daily number of commits and merges;
- Release history: the daily number of releases;
- User community: the number of unique authors;
- Longevity: the age of the project.
The ranges of every measure can be found in the vitality-ranges.yml file.
Development status: stable
Geospatial field data collection
Spatial data management
Last release 2021-06-09 (v2.0.0)
Type of maintenance community
Enabling platforms None
List of dependencies None
QField is the leading GIS data collection app. It integrates perfectly with QGIS.
1. Efficient field work
- Touch optimized, simple user interface
- Fully QGIS compatible
- Highly configurable data entry forms
- Adaptable to any data model
- Capture pictures to illustrate the data
- External GNSS antenna integration through bluetooth
- Store accuracy information alongside recorded points for Q/A
- Print to mobile printers or PDF
2. Flexible and powerful spatial data management
- Supports raster, vector, mesh, and point cloud data in a range of
- Raster formats include: GeoPackage, GeoTIFF, GRASS, ArcInfo binary and ASCII grids, ERDAS Imagine SDTS, WMS, WCS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and other GDAL supported formats.
- Vector formats include: GeoPackage, ESRI Shapefiles, GRASS, SpatiaLite, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, WFS, Vector Tiles and other OGR supported formats.
- Point-cloud format: LAS/LAZ and EPT datasets.
Access and display local files, spatial databases (PostGIS, SpatiaLite), web services (WMS, WCS, WFS, ArcGIS REST services), tile services, etc.
Visual and numerical digitizing and editing
On-the-fly reprojection between coordinate reference systems (CRS)
- Temporal support
3. Beautiful cartography
Large variety of rendering options
Fine control over symbology, labeling, legends and additional graphical elements for beautifully rendered maps
Advanced styling using data-defined overrides, blending modes, and draw effects
Create and update maps with specified scale, extent, style, and decorations via saved layouts
Generate multiple maps (and reports) automatically using QGIS Atlas and QGIS Reports
Flexible output direct to printer, or as image (raster), PDF, or SVG for further customization
On-the-fly rendering enhancements using geometry generators (e.g. create and style new geometries from existing features)
4. Collaborative work
- Collaboratively work on datasets through QFieldCloud