Java ffmpeg and ffprobe command-line wrapper, supports programmatic video production and consumption (with transparency)
Technical contact Denis Kokorin
The vitality index, as explicited in the guidelines for the acquisition and reuse of software for Italian PA, is calculated according to the following four main categories:
- Code activity: the daily number of commits and merges;
- Release history: the daily number of releases;
- User community: the number of unique authors;
- Longevity: the age of the project.
The ranges of every measure can be found in the vitality-ranges.yml file.
Development status: stable
Last release 2023-09-10 (2023.09.10)
Type of maintenance internal
Enabling platforms None
List of dependencies None
Jaffree stands for Java ffmpeg and ffprobe free command line wrapper.
Jaffree allows integration with native ffmpeg and ffprobe processes from Java. It uses command line to execute process, thus making it simple to run ffmpeg from Java.
Despite other ffmpeg and ffprobe wrappers Jaffree also supports:
- Programmatic (pure Java) video and audio consumption and production.
- Forceful & graceful stopping of ffmpeg
- Reads/writes video from/to Java SeekableByteChannel/InputStream/OutputStream